Our Governing Body
Welcome to Nonsuch High School for Girls. In this section you will find a short description of the work of the Local Governing Body (LGB) and some information on becoming a governor. You can also see the list of school governors below.
The Nonsuch LGB is a committee of the Girls' Learning Trust (GLT) Board. The full work of the LGB can be found in the GLT Governance Handbook.
In summary, the role of the LGB is to:
- set the strategic direction of the school in line with the GLT Strategy
- monitor and challenge the progress of the school in achieving its priorities
- ensure the school meets its statutory responsibilities
- ensure the premises are well managed
- report to the school's stakeholders
We have a group of committed and dedicated governors with many years' experience of being a school governor. They know the school well and bring much needed expertise to their role. Governors attend many school events and welcome the opportunity to meet parents on an informal basis.
From time to time we have vacancies for parent and appointment governors and I would welcome an informal discussion with anyone interested in joining us as a governor.
If you have any questions about the work of the Nonsuch Local Governing Body, please do not hesitate to contact me by email at: email@example.com or by post:
Chair of Governors
c/o Nonsuch High School for Girls
Surrey SM3 8AB
Nonsuch Local Governing Body
|Andrea Cooke - Chair
|Selvavinayagam Vireswer ("Vires")
* or on termination of employment