Sixth Form Bursary
The 16-19 Bursary Scheme, also known as the Sixth Form Bursary Scheme, provides financial support to students to help them to succeed in their studies. It is funded by the government and administered by the school.
All our students are eligible to apply for a sixth form bursary, but we only have a limited pot of money each year from the government to fund the scheme. Prioritisation will be given for those students who demonstrate the most financial need.
In addition to this, any students who meet the following criteria may also be eligible for a specific vulnerable student bursary:
- Currently in care or leaving care,
- In receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit in their own right because they are financially supporting themselves and/or a dependent e.g. child or partner.
- In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP) as well as Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit in their own right.
WHAT CAN THE FUNDING BE SPENT ON?
The funding provided can only be used to address financial difficulties in accessing education in the Sixth Form and cannot be spent on general living expenses. Some examples of eligible items which the fund can be used to pay for include:
- Transport costs for commuting to and from school.
- Essential books and equipment that are relevant to the courses being studied and not already provided.
- Educational trips necessary for the curriculum.
- Clothing to meet the Sixth Form dress code or specialised clothing.
- Meals during school hours.
- Travel expenses for university open days or similar events.
- Fees for university entrance tests, such as BMAT, UKCAT, and similar exams.
WHAT ARE THE APPLICATION DETAILS?
The application dates for 2023/24 are as follows:
|12 September 2023
29 September 2023
|Bursary Panel Meets:
Week commencing 2 October 2023
Week commencing 9 October 2023
You will need to apply via our online portal. You must do this using your school email address, and we strongly suggest you do this with a part or guardian. You will need to register to create an account first.
Please read the FAQ guide we have produced that will help you complete the form: